When water is a factor, Cutterhead Dredges are typically the best and most cost-effective way to mine Aggregates.
You will likely benefit from a Dredge if one or more of these objectives applies to you:
- You need to automate and streamline the mining process
- You need or want to operate with less workers, even as little as 2
- You want to lower your Cost Per Ton (CPT)
- You have fair amount of water in your pit
- You are having a difficult time hiring skilled Dragline Operators
- You want to consistently produce more than 200 TPH
- You need to consistently super produce more than 1000 TPH
- You need to capitalize on your deposit at greater depths, even down to 150ft
- You want to power your operations with Electricity
YOU CAN NOW MINE LARGE ROCK WITH A DREDGE!
Working together, CUSTOM DREDGE WORKS and PEARCE PUMPS have developed a few new Pump Design Innovations and Processing Inventions that makes it very possible to successfully mine a large amount of Rock with a CDW Cutter Suction Dredge. In fact, it is now completely possibly to mine Rocks up to 12” in diameter. This is a significant breakthrough in the Aggregate Dredge Mining space! There are many techniques and technologies proprietary to CDW and PEARCE that allows us to successfully mine and pump rock that no one else in the industry actually knows or understands.
MINING SAND & GRAVEL
For most Sand and Gravel deposits, a Cutterhead does very well in achieving productions objectives in a very methodical way that makes it easier to follow a Mining Plan.
Occasionally we add High Pressure Water Jets outside the Cutterhead to assist in Cutting, Agitating and Suspending the material, and typically a Water Jet inside of the Cutterhead to keep the Cutterhead clean and free of clay of debris buildup within or around the Cutterhead.
When Clay seems or layers are present in the deposit, adding VFD controlled High Pressure Water Jet Nozzles to the Cutterhead can usually be a very effective way of cutting through and emulsifying the clay.
We also design Dredges that utilize a ChainLadder, and also Dredges that produce exceptional results in fairly easy flowing deposits using Straight Suction, or High-Pressure Water Jet Rings.