Custom Dredge Works
Job Description: Level 1 Welder
Position Overview: We are seeking an entry-level Welder to join our team and kick-start a career in welding. As an entry-level Welder, you will receive training and guidance to develop your skills and become proficient in various welding techniques. This position is ideal for individuals who are passionate about metalwork, have a keen eye for detail, and possess a strong desire to learn and grow in the field of welding.
- Assist experienced welders in performing welding tasks and techniques, including MIG, TIG, arc, and spot welding, under their guidance and supervision.
- Learn to operate and maintain welding equipment, such as welding machines, power tools, and hand tools, following safety protocols and manufacturer instructions.
- Study and interpret engineering drawings, blueprints, and welding symbols to understand welding specifications and requirements for each project.
- Prepare workpieces for welding by cleaning, fitting, and aligning components as directed by experienced welders.
- Observe and learn proper welding techniques, ensuring accurate positioning, steady hand movements, and precise control of welding equipment.
- Assist in the setup and adjustment of welding equipment, including selecting appropriate welding materials, setting voltage, current, and gas flow rates.
- Perform basic welding tasks under supervision, focusing on developing welding skills and achieving quality welds.
- Assist in conducting visual inspections of completed welds, identifying and reporting any defects or inconsistencies for corrective measures.
- Follow safety procedures and guidelines, such as wearing appropriate personal protective equipment (PPE) and maintaining a clean and organized work area.
- Participate in training programs, workshops, and skill development sessions to enhance welding knowledge and proficiency.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- No previous welding experience required; however, completion of a welding program or vocational training is a plus.
- Basic understanding of metalwork, fabrication, and welding processes.
- Familiarity with welding tools and equipment, or a strong willingness to learn their operation and maintenance.
- Ability to read and interpret engineering drawings, blueprints, and welding symbols with guidance.
- Detail-oriented with good hand-eye coordination and manual dexterity.
- Physical stamina and the ability to work in various positions, lift heavy materials, and withstand the demands of a physically demanding environment.
- Strong work ethic, willingness to learn, and the ability to take instructions from experienced welders.
- Effective communication skills and the ability to work well as part of a team.
Note: This job description is intended to provide a general overview of the responsibilities and qualifications for an level 1 Welder. The specific duties and requirements may vary depending on the company and project requirements. Training opportunities and career advancement may be available based on performance and demonstrated proficiency in welding skills.