OPERATORS CAB OR LEVER ROOM
As in nearly everything on our Dredges, your Operators Cab can be tailored to your specifications or preferences in taste. It can be nearly any size or layout configuration. It can be located on the deck, or elevated far above to provide a panoramic 360° view. There are many aspects to our Cabs that our standard, especially the items necessary to be MSHA compliant.
The main focus of the Operators Cab is to provide a comfortable and functional space within which to effectively operate the Dredge. An impressive Control System is provided with all of our Dredges, as well as a vast array of upgrade options to enhance your dredging operations specific to your dredging scenario and objectives.
Dredges from Custom Dredge Works are renowned for greatly reducing unplanned shutdowns, thereby maximizing Production and ROI for our Customers. We employ several design strategies to achieve this accomplishment, however, by far our best strategy is REDUNDANCY. Redundant analog Gauges to back up computer screen readouts provided by the CDW Production Control System have proven to be tactically valuable in a variety of ways. The analog gauges also provide a ‘second opinion’ of sorts if there is some question about what the computer is indicating that needs a quick confirmation.
THE FOLLOWING ANALOG GAUGES ARE STANDARD IN ALL CDW DREDGES:
- 4” [10 cm] Discharge Pressure Gauge – 0-160psi, 1pc
- 4” [10 cm] Hydraulic Pressure Gauge – 0-5000psi, 4pcs
- 4” [10 cm] Packing Pressure Gauge – 0-160psi, 1pc
- 4” [10 cm] Vacuum Gauge – -30 to 30, 1pc
- 2” [ 5 cm] Temperature Gauges Hydraulic Oil, 2pcs
All of our Dredges feature set of hydraulic levers located outside of the cab that control all of the winches. In the event of power loss or a system failure in the Operators Cab, dredging operations can continue by utilizing the redundant hydraulic levers and the analog gauges. Instead of shutting down, our Dredges can continue to operate and produce while waiting for parts or repairs.
*The hydraulic levers located outside of the cab also provide an important safety feature by allowing direct line of sight to the worker spooling new steel cable on to the winches.
CDW PRODUCTION CONTROL SYSTEM
The CDW Production Control Valve System is a comprehensive interface that provides real time information and controls for maximizing dredge production. This system provides the following information readouts and controls via large Touchscreen Displays:
- DISCHARGE PRESSURE
- DOPPLER FLOW METER
- LADDER DEPTH AND ANGLE DISPLAY
- PUMP RPM DISPLAY
- SPEED CONTROL OF PUMP
- PUMP OUTPUT FLOW
- POWER EFFICIENCY
- SET POINT PUMP VALCUUM BOUNDARIES
- SET POINT MIXTURE VELOCITY BOUNDARIES
- CDW PUMP FLOW SPEED CONTROL
- SERVICE WATER DISPLAY
- WINCH PRESSURE DISPLAY
- PUMP GEAR BOX PRESSURE DISPLAY
- ALARM LOG DISPLAY
- EMERGENCY STOP FOR DREDGE
- CONTROL OF SWING, TAIL AND LADDER WINCHES
- SWITCH FOR DREDGE CONTROL SYSTEM
- SWITCH FOR AUTOMATIC DREDGE PUMP SPEED
- SWITCHES FOR FLOOD LIGHTS
GATE VALVE SYSTEM: This system automatically controls a fresh water valve to open when one of the following set point parameters is exceeded, (Vacuum, Velocity, Discharge Pressure). The automatic variable Valve is a landmark breakthrough for dredging technology. The key to any successful dredging operation is achieving and maintaining the correct percentage of solids in ratio to water. The Valve system instantly measures many variables and in response it lets in just the right amount of water into the mix to optimize the ratio of solids to water in real time.
OTHER CONTROL & MONOTORING SYSTEMS
CDW BOOSTER PUMP THROTTLE CONTROL SYSTEM Increase Booster Pump performance by controlling the booster pump inlet pressure by automatically adjusting the RPM to maintain the targeted pump inlet pressure.
DREDGE REMOTE MONITORING SYSTEM: Remotely displays the dredge monitor screen live to the plant office location via 900Mhz radios. Also, Dredge a smart phone, tablet or PC.
CDW PRODUCTION PERFORMANCE DATA LOGGING SYSTEM: Dredge data (Density meter tonnage information, Vacuum, Velocity, Pump discharge) is logged into a SQL server data base in the PC computer. The logged data can then be extracted into report forms using Microsoft “Access”.
DENSITY METER W/ LOW LEVEL RADIOACTIVE DETECTOR: A Nuclear Density Meter will allow the Dredge Operator to know in real time how much material the dredge is producing. This eliminates the interval of time waiting for measurements to be transmitted to the dredge from the processing facility.
GLOBAL POSITIONING SATALITE SYSTEM & SONAR SYSTEMS
CDW + MEASURTRONICS EXCLUSIVE PARTNERSHIP FOR PRODUCTION CONTROL SYSTEMS
CDW enjoys an exclusive strategic partnership with MEASUTRONICS to Design, Source, Install, Train, and Support all of CDW’s Dredge GPS and SONAR technology projects. MEASUTRONICS is the foremost expert in this field, and they employ the latest and best GPS and SONOR technologiesavailable for each Dredge Project.
ADDITIONAL AUTOMATION OPTIONS
Custom Dredge Works offers a complete array of advanced options for Dredge Automation, Data Logging, as well as options for Remote Monitoring and Control of dredge operations.
- Data Logging: Record valuable production data and instrument readings in real time. Export to Microsoft Excel or print a hard copy. Pair with a nuclear density meter and have instant feedback on production tph
- Pump Speed Option: Displays Pump Speed on Touch-screen
- Depth Indicator: Displays Ladder Depth on Touch-screen
- Automated Swing: PLC will control swing to maintain cut.
- Automated Step: Push-Button Step. When the Operator has determined it is time to step he can simply push the step ahead button and the PLC will automate the sequence of a forward step.
- Nuclear Density Meter: Measure the density of the slurry in the pipeline.
- GPS System: GPS keeps your crew working in the dredge cut and prevents them from wasting time and money by digging too deep or outside the channel.
- OTHERS: Custom Dredge Works is open to adding or employing any Dredge Automation system or solution that you prefer.
Please view the following brochures for a deeper understanding of ALL of our Dredge Automation Solutions provided in tandem with our partner Cornerstone Industries:
Complimentary Ongoing Support
As a member of the Custom Dredge Works family, you and your team will enjoy direct access to our expert support team to expedite and trouble shoot any issues that may occur with your Custom Dredge Works dredge. Our support team includes specialist in Electrical, Automation, Hydraulics, Mechanical, & Parts.
Get in Touch!
We’d love to hear from you
If you have an idea of the type of dredge you may want, or the nature of your deposit and how much production you would like to achieve, please fill in the DREDGING QUESTIONAIRE.